[Mailman-Users] Please Help!

Mike Burns michaelshawnburns at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 06:20:14 CET 2004

I host websites with EhostPros.com.  They use Mailman and something has broken on their end (I assume) about three weeks ago.  I run a soccer email list with about 500+ subscribers for a local soccer league.  People started complaining that they were not getting the messages I was posting.  In fact, I wasn't getting the message that I was posting.  After going round and round with my webhost provider, the talked me into deleting my virtual server and setting up a new one.  I did so and after much testing realized that the accounts able to post to the list but no receive from the list were Yahoo.com address and Hotmail.com addresses, possibly more.

Has something changed that would disallow receiving mail with these web base email providers?  I checked and the spam blockers are not filtering the messages out, they just are not arriving at all.  As you can imagine this is a big problem as a large majority of my members subscribe to these webmail services.

Any help for a semi-techy soccer player would really help!

Thanks
Mike Burns

Alternate Email Address For Replies Can Be Sent To Jeanne at Webtelligent.com