[Mailman-Users] mailman-htdig integration and rundig after post

"Fries, Jörg" Joerg.Fries at FINATEC.com
Wed Feb 18 09:36:50 CET 2004

Hello All,

yesterday I've integrated htdig into mailman successfully. My archives are
searchable now.

When I read the docs, I've expected the following: When a new mail (post)
arrived, the archiver qrunner should update the archives *and* run rundig to
update the database files in
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/<listname>/htdig. Am I right? But on my
site there is no update of the htdig files.

I am running mailman-2.1.4 and htdig-3.1.6 on SuSE 8.2 with all the patches
provided by Richard Barrett applied (thanks for all, Richard). Here is my
mm_cfg.py file:

[...]
USE_HTDIG = 1
HTDIG_RUNDIG_PATH = '/usr/bin/rundig'
HTDIG_HTSEARCH_PATH = '/srv/www/cgi-bin/htsearch'
HTDIG_FILES_URL = '/htdig/images/'

No entries in log files error and qrunner (I've restarted qrunner before I
posted)

Thanks for any help

Joerg