[Mailman-Users] htdig integration broken after upgrade; htsearch exitstatus 127

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 09:37:59 CET 2004

Michael

The error is saying that when the MM/htdig integration's mmsearch
script attempted to run Htdig's htsearch program as a subprocess, an
exit status value of 127 was returned.

Exit status 127 is conventionally/often/sometimes returned to indicate
"command not found".

A possible cause of this is that the value of the HTDIG_HTSEARCH_PATH
variable in $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py is not the correct file system
path to Htdig's htsearch program. Certainly this misconfiguration
produces that exit status on my systems. Suggest you check that and let
me know if that might be the cause of your problem or not.

Richard

btw: The -12- is just a marker that identifies where in the
$prefix/Mailman/cron/mmsearch script the problem is being identified;
you can look in that file and search for -12- to see what I mean.