[Mailman-Users] Mailman/ MHonarc Integration Problem

Michel R Vaillancourt misha at wolfstar.ca
Tue Feb 17 02:29:36 CET 2004

Good evening, all...  I am trying to set MHonarc up to work with MailMan.  I am
following the instructions found at:
http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/mhonarc-users/2001-10/msg00021.html

I get the following error message when a message goes through the list:

==> /usr/local/mailman/logs/error <==
Feb 16 20:05:12 2004 (288) Uncaught runner exception: unsupported format character
'>' (0x3e) at index 110
Feb 16 20:05:12 2004 (288) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 110, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 160, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/ArchRunner.py", line 73, in _dispose
    mlist.ArchiveMail(msg)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 202, in ArchiveMail
    self.ExternalArchive(mm_cfg.PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER, txt)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 172, in ExternalArchive
    cmd = ar % d
ValueError: unsupported format character '>' (0x3e) at index 110
==> /usr/local/mailman/logs/error <==

  Any suggestions as to where to start looking?
 I reviewed the changes I made to my mm_cfg file and everything matches up with no
obvious syntax errors.  However, I can't quite figure out what the error is being
caused.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

--Michel

"Poetry is what happens when you are too choked up, too much in love, or too pissed
off to write coherent prose"