[Mailman-Users] pending requests?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 6 04:50:08 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 09:48, Hans Middelhoek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using mailman on our webservers and are very convenient about it.
> But I want to ask you something. I hope you can help me with it. One of our
> customers uses mailman and gets a mail every day with the following content:

> your consideration at:
>
>         http://entropy8zuper.org/mailman/admindb/dust_entropy8zuper.org
>
> Please attend to this at your earliest convenience.  This notice of
> pending requests, if any, will be sent out daily.
> given URL we can't find any requests.
>
> We have been looking for a/the solution. Also we searched in the control
> panel but couldn't find a relevant option. Only the following but not sure
> this is the correct one. Maybe you can tell me where to look for the
> solution. The option that it could be, as far as I know, I found in the
> control panel at general options and finally "Should administrator get
> notices of subscribes/unsubscribes?" At the moment 'yes' is selected here.
>
> I hope you want to help me out with this, but I can imagine I'm not the
> only one mailing, so you also may give me a URL of a forum where I can post
> it to get to the solution.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Yours sincerely,
>
> Hans Middelhoek

Hans, you neglect to tell us which version of Mailman you are using!!!

If you are using a version 2.1.x then you can simply look in the
~mailman/data directory for the held message and delete it. Then move to
the ~mailman/lists/<listname>/ and delete the request.db file.

If you are using an earlier version of Mailman, then you will have to
take another list's empty request.db file and copy it over the existing
one (in order to blank it out).

Good Luck - Jon Carnes