[Mailman-Users] Forced footer for all Mailman lists

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Wed Feb 4 07:37:28 CET 2004

Hi Aron!

On Di, Feb 03, 2004 at 05:39:37 -0500, aaron wrote:
> We need to append a forced footer message (with unsubscribe info) to all of
> the Mailman lists that we host. This needs to be done in a way that prevents
> any list admins from changing or removing the message. We thought that we
> could do this using Decorate.py, but can't seem to figure it out. Ideally,
> we would want this footer to be appended in addition to the custom list
> footer.

I integrated alterMIME into our mailsystem (postfix and mailman 2.1.14).
alterMIME IMHO does wat you want, it adds an disclaimer to every
outgoing mail for example. At the moment we are testing this system and
most things appear to work fine, but in
some cases mails are changed that way, that the listfooter is added as
attachment...., mostly if html-Mails were sent to a list. alterMIME can
be found here:

http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/

Hth,
Schoeppi