[Mailman-Users] RE: Forced footer for all Mailman lists

aaron aaron at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 4 00:59:55 CET 2004

Brad: Thanks for your response.

>	It's easy enough to change the templates, but if any of your
>mailing list owners have shell access to the server, they might be
>able to change them back.

We don't provide any shell access, but won't list admins be able to change
the footer using the web admin interface under "Non-digest options" or
"Digest options" -> msg_footer?

>	The issue of changing templates is addressed in FAQ 3.11, at
><http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>,
>although this is not the primary purpose of this entry.

My understanding is that changing the templates in this way would just
change the default footer for new lists, leaving the possibility that any
list admin will remove the footer from their list using the web admin
interface.

Sorry if i misunderstood.

- aaron