[Mailman-Users] discard nonmembers in 2.0.7

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Dec 30 14:38:37 CET 2004

On Dec 30, 2004, at 09:16, Andrew Watson wrote:
> I am desperate for some method that will discard posts from
> non-members (spam); 2.0.7 won't do that, I gather 2.1.5 will.

How flexible is your MTA or local delivery agent?  You could have it
reject posts from non-members before handing the message to Mailman.

> Does anyone have any suggestions for how to survive in a spam infested
> world with 2.0.7. Is there a script I could install, or something of
> that ilk?

You could write a script that scripted the web interface, and have that
script invoked periodically as a cron job.  A couple examples of the
scripting style necessary is available from
<http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb>.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/