[Mailman-Users] Apache2+Mailman - GID Issues

Hunter Hillegas lists at lastonepicked.com
Thu Dec 30 06:33:21 CET 2004

I am installing Mailman 2.1.5 on a new install of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
3.0.

I am using it with Apache 2 and Postfix.

My configure line:
./configure --with-mail-gid=postfix --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.2
--with-cgi-gid=nobody

The group nobody exists. From httpd.conf, it is hard to tell what group
Apache is using. Apache 1.3 clearly shows 'nobody'. The Apache 2 conf shows:
Group #-1

If I try to configure with cgi-gid=-1, I get:
checking for CGI wrapper group; i.e. --with-cgi-gid... configure: error:

When trying to view the listinfo page with these settings, I get the
standard CGI error:

Failure to find group name nobody.  Try adding this group
to your system, or re-run configure, providing an
existing group name with the command line option --with-cgi-gid.

I tried to search for this issue with Google  and the FAQ and didn't find an
answer.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Hunter