[Mailman-Users] How may I convert Majordomo lists to mailman?

Brad Marshall brad.marshall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:37:57 CET 2004

Hi all,

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:30:01 -0600, Michael Owings <mikey at swampgas.com> wrote:
> There is no way to directly import the .config file AFAIK, but setting
> up the list options is pretty trivial. I found the whole process took
> all of 5-minutes per list.

Which is all very well with a small number of lists, but earlier this
year I had to convert something like 800 lists.  I wrote a small
script that would automate most of it for me, available at
http://quark.humbug.org.au/publications/scripts/mailman/majordomo2mailman.
 It assumes you have an extract of the majordomo aliases file, as well
as the config and subscriber lists.  Please note is pretty rough and
ready, but mostly worked for me. It might require a bit of hacking to
work in your environment.

We also hacked up a quick majordomo answer script, which did handle
the basic subscribe / unsubscribe functions, and gave back an error
message telling people where to look for more information for anything
it didn't understand (which was quite a bit).

Thanks,
Brad
--
Brad Marshall