[Mailman-Users] How may I convert Majordomo lists to mailman?

Michael Owings mikey at swampgas.com
Thu Dec 23 05:30:01 CET 2004

KENNEY, William P. (Info. Tech. Services) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have finally gotten mailman running on RHES 3.0. I need to move and
> convert MD lists from an old Alpha/DU system to my current server. Has
> any one done this before? I seem to recall a link in the archives but
> can no longer find it.

I've just done a bunch of these conversions. First create the new list.
On the list admin page use Membership Management->Mass Subscription to
import your existing list members. You can either cut and paste the
original list member names or upload the file directly.

There is no way to directly import the .config file AFAIK, but setting
up the list options is pretty trivial. I found the whole process took
all of 5-minutes per list.
http://www.swampgas.com/robotics/rover.html