[Mailman-Users] [still] No address associated with nodename

JP Kelly listuser at jpkvideo.net
Mon Dec 20 20:25:58 CET 2004

> On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 09:32:47PM -0800, JP Kelly wrote:
>> I have mailman 2.1.5 installed on OSX Panther with exim as the MTA.
>> When mailman attempts to send messages I get the following message in
>> smtp-error log:
>>
>>  Low level smtp error: (7, 'No address associated with nodename')
>
> It looks like the Mailman machine can't look up the IP address
> of mailman.jpkvideo.net.  Is DNS working locally?

Yes I have DNS running locally with the mailman.jpkvideo.net. zone
existing.
I find it interesting that nothing appears in the exim/MTA log even in
debug mode.
It seems mailman is not contacting exim at all.
Is there a way to run mailman in debug mode?
It would be helpful to know what is the actual name of the nodename
mailman is trying to use.