[Mailman-Users] Regexp topics

Enrique Vega e_studios1 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 16 21:19:23 CET 2004

On Dec 14, 2004, at 6:34 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Of course you could use a more elaborate regexp as well depending on
> what you want, but however you enter it, it is just one regexp and the
> newlines and other whitespace are ignored unless escaped or inside
> character classes.

Mark,

Your help was great! However, I have come to the conclusion that you
have to also add the "|" to the last keyword for it to also be
recognized, and then add some giberish for the final keyword that will
not be used. That seems to have worked for me.

On another note. How can I set up a topic to so that folks will NOT get
the topi? For instance, our mail list uses YAK or OT when off topic
discussions start. Some folks have complained in the past about off
topic discussions. I would like for these folks to have a way to pre
filter for OT and or YAK. Can you help me with the regexp to filter out
these two key words so folks who like the yak can get it, and folks who
don't will not get it?

enrique