[Mailman-Users] Re: Poster not receiving his own posts

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Mon Dec 13 21:09:45 CET 2004

On 12/13/2004 10:54, "Anthony Chavez" <acc at anthonychavez.org> wrote:

> 3. He includes a Cc: header with no value in every post.  This seems
>  like it *could* be interfering, but why would it?

Well, it *could* be confusing the NoDups code (if that code contains a bug).

I'm not good enough at reading RFC 2822 to know whether a blank Cc: header
is legal or not (after spending only a few minutes, I lean toward not
legal), but either way having such a header mess up NoDups processing would
be a Mailman bug.

A test here with Mailman 2.1.2 seems to say that a blank Cc: header doesn't
bother the NoDups processing in that version.  (Where "blank" means either
just a space after Cc: or nothing after Cc:)  (Test run using telnet to the
mail server by hand.)

  --John