[Mailman-Users] using other lists as valid entries for accept_these_nonmembers

Jim McKinney jmck at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 6 21:34:23 CET 2004

Hi Folks,

I'm relatively new to mailman and I'm in the process of converting my
majordomo based lists.  I recently ran into an issue and I can't seem to
track down an answer.

We have two lists here, faculty and secretaries.  I am trying to set
things up so that anyone who is a member of the secretaries list has
permission to post to faculty.  Under majordomo I did this by putting the
subscription list for secretries in the "restrict_post" for faculty.   By
doing this any additions/deletions to the secretary list were
automatically known to the faculty list.

My goal here is to avoid having our administrators need to do multiple
steps when making a modification to the secretaries list.  In addition to
the faculty list there are quite a few others that secretaries can
automatically post to.

So, I guess the Reader's Digest version of my question is can I configure
things so that the subscribers list for secretaries is included in the
accept_these_nonmembers list for faculty.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanx
 -jmck
Jim McKinney					jmck at ece.cmu.edu
System Administrator Manager, ECE		Office: HH1304
Carnegie Mellon University			(412) 268-5141
I quite often remember to forget such things. - Winnie the Pooh