[Mailman-Users] Mailman (almost) Failover with --with-var-prefix

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Fri Dec 3 19:02:49 CET 2004

Hello,

    We're installing mailman on two machines so that if one machine were to
experience problems, we can move a record in DNS and begin using the other
host.  Rather than doing something to sync the lists, archives, Etc on
both machines, I plan to store those things on a shared disk (not NFS) by
using the --with-var-path=/path-to-shared-disk configure option.

    I'm wondering whether anyone has done this, and whether there might be
problems with two instances of mailman accessing these files (e.g. I will
start the mailman master process on each machine as well as the web
server; potentually both machines could be accessing the shared Mailman
data at the same time)?

Thanks,
Ivan Fetch.