[Mailman-Users] Group name "mailman" doesn't exist

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Dec 3 01:20:57 CET 2004

At 2:18 PM -0700 2004-12-02, Shawn Wilson wrote:

>  Dec  1 15:47:28 jupiter2 postfix/local[21592]: 70D562C82A1:
>  to=<kilimanjaro at atmreports.com>, relay=local, delay=0, status=bounced
>  (Command died with status 8: "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post
>  kilimanjaro". Command output: Failure to find group name mailman.  Try
>  adding this group to your system, or re-run configure, providing an
>  existing group name with the command line option --with-mail-gid. )

	How are groups implemented on your system?  Are you using
something like NIS, PAM, or LDAP which might require a refresh to
pick up the new group name, even though the source text file might
have been updated?

>  Any ideas what else I can do to figure out what went wrong? I posted
>  this request on the gentoo forums as well but so far the couple replies
>  I received have not helped.

	Given what you've said here, it looks to me like this is probably
a Gentoo-specific issue, and I don't know if we're going to be able
to help.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755