[Mailman-Users] New Subscriptions (2.1.5)

A.Zeneski jaz at ofbiz.org
Tue Aug 31 21:15:26 CEST 2004

Brad,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been searching mailing list archives
and the faq for keywords such as no confirmation email, no moderation
email, no admin email, etc

I checked out the link you posted and it didn't make much sense to me.
Users are able to request the subscription and I see the entry in the
log for the pending subscription. All admin commands seem to save and
existing users are able to remove themselves from the list.

What isn't happening is any email besides posts to the mailing lists
are being sent out. I just find this odd as some mail goes out (posts)
and others do not (single emails).

I am not sure where to look next. I have also test this:

bash-2.04$ bin/withlist -l users
The variable `m' is the users MailList instance
 >>> print  m.NumRequestsPending()
6

Unlocking (but not saving) list: users
Finalizing
bash-2.04$ /usr/local/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/checkdbs
bash-2.04$

But never receive any email stating that there are messages needing
attention, don't see any errors or even logs records in any of the
mailman log files nor in messages or maillog.

It just doesn't appear to be trying to send anything out, and it is
really strange to me. Please if you have any suggestions on what to
check I am sure it is probably a silly configuration issue.

-Andy