[Mailman-Users] New Subscriptions (2.1.5)

A.Zeneski jaz at ofbiz.org
Tue Aug 31 19:17:52 CEST 2004

I have installed Mailman 2.1.5 used the mass add to subscribe a bunch
of existing users, all received a confirmation regarding their
subscription.

However, when a new user subscribes no confirmation email is sent and
since the list(s) require confirmation, none of the new users are
getting subscribed.

I look in 'logs/subscribe' and see a TON of pending requests, but none
have been confirmed. I tested this myself with a different email
address and sure enough I did not receive anything from the mail
server.

Can anyone help me out, I have no idea where to even begin looking to
get this solved. Just for the record, all users who are currently
subscribed can post just fine. The lists are quite active, so the only
problem seems to be the new subscription email doesn't seem to be sent.

I see no records in 'logs/smtp' for sending out the confirmations.
Though, I am not sure if that gets logged here or not.

Please help!