[Mailman-Users] Wondering how long to send messages

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Aug 28 02:40:18 CEST 2004

At 6:37 PM -0400 2004-08-26, Mike wrote:

>  Wondering if anyone has a sense how long a message takes to send before I
>  can make changes to the membership list. The concern is if I make changes to
>  the subscriber list too quickly (remove them), then those folks may not get
>  the message.

	The answer is -- it depends.  A fast machine on a fast network
with all recipients who are likewise on fast machines attached to
fast networks, and with relatively few users, may be completely
delivered in a few minutes.  But there could always be stragglers
that are minutes, hours, or even days behind.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755