[Mailman-Users] Re add members w/o confirming & a good MUA

David Blomquist dbl at tentra.com
Fri Aug 20 06:11:06 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 22:02, marci and rex wrote:
> At 09:04 PM 8/19/2004, David Blomquist wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 19:08, marci and rex wrote:
> >
> > >      I'm at the Mass subscription page now and I dont see anything
> > > like that .. what I show is this:
> > > send welcome messages...( no/yes options)
> >
> > The 'Subscribe' option should be just above the 'send welcome...'
> > option.
> >  Nope.. its not there... just the blue bar saying Mass Subscriptions
> > and then the Send welcome ... Looks like the LFCHosting guys  took
> > it out...
> > What version of Mailman are you running and on what operating
> > system?
> >  2.1.4  and we are using it from the LFCHosting website...I dont
> > know what they are running..
> So it looks like we're up  the creek,then , huh.........

It would appear that way :(

The admins at LFCHosting probably did this to prevent spammers from
abusing their service, which is not a bad idea, but doesn't help your
situation.

The only other way to get around this that I know of is to choose
'Require approval' instead of 'Confirm' on the Privacy page.  This will
simply require you to approve the subscription requests on the 'pending
moderator requests' page instead of the users confirming the requests.
I would assume that your hosting service removed this option too,
though.

David