[Mailman-Users] Stopping Mailman's cron jobs soon!!!

John Price jp_mailman at gcfl.net
Thu Aug 19 20:30:59 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 02:15:44PM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Thomas Bartolucci wrote:
>
> > Right now I'm in the process of upgrading my email server, so I want all
> > mail to halt.  My mail queue however keeps getting bogged down by
> > mailman cron jobs.  What do I have to do to stop these.
> >
> > So far I've:
> >
> > 1.  Stop qrunner altogether
> > 2.  Commented out the entire MAILMAN_HOME/cron/crontab.in
>
> I'm not an expert, but it's my understanding that crontab.in is the source
> file that gets copied over to the working file.  The actual file you need
> to modify is /etc/cron.d/mailman (at least on my system).  Comment out all
> the lines that are not commented out, or just move that file to some other
> directory temporarily.

Other cron jobs probably send mail too.  You should really
stop the cron daemon.  For most Linux machines, run this:

/etc/init.d/crond stop

--
Some days it's not worth chewing through the leather
straps.

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your mom!