[Mailman-Users] Banner and Complex code in header and footer

zzizzle at zzizzle.com zzizzle at zzizzle.com
Mon Aug 16 13:23:09 CEST 2004

I have to say I have the same questions.  I think this is a valid
question and the stuff on these links only confuses me more.  I love
this system, and I only vaguely seem to remember about 11 subliminal
messages that basically tell you no - that this system isn't designed
for those frills.  If that's not the case, could someone please answer
this question in a way people like me can understand?  I am not a
programmer, and I think a lot of these links are confusing to
non-programmers.  I still have a list of questions I can't seem to get
answered (for myself), but am still thrilled with the system and have
been making it work in a way that I love.

For instance:
1) Can you add an html header to the emails?  I still don't get it.  I
read the links you provided, and their sub-links.

2) Is there a way so people subscribing don't go back into that archaic
interface - when it asks them to accept or decline the list it's flat
out confusing - text overwhelm - my user base is consumers and not
programmers.  Why should a) they have too choose or deny when they are
clicking on a link to confirm?  It should just confirm them without
another button text and w/o text overwhelm. and b) it takes them back
to a list of all my lists, which I hate, or at least would like to have
the option of avoiding, if I am not intending to mix all my
subscribers.  I don't want them to have the option of joining other
groups unless I intend to give it to them.

3) I don't understand if you can attach PDFs where it says, i.e. to new
subscribers, etc.  When I attach one, it just inserts garble into the
text box once the PDF file is uploaded.  I can't tell if this is an
error, or what, and if I can include additional text.

Thanks, guys!
Jonathan