[Mailman-Users] Manking an announcement list

Robert Echlin rechlin at ca.stilo.com
Mon Aug 9 22:18:55 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexandro Colorado" <alexandro.colorado at expolinux.org>
To: <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 2:59 PM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Manking an announcement list

> Hi I have read through the documentation and I havent been able to answer
> my problem. I want something to make so just the admin can post and the
> other can just read, or an annoucement list.

This is easy, but only if you understand it.

Click on Privacy Options.
Click on Send filters.
Select as follows:

"by default, should new members of the list be moderated?" -> Yes.
"Action to take when a moderated member posts to the list." -> Discard or
Reject.

Then leave all members of the list, except the admin, moderated.

If you choose "reject", you might want to add a note in the "Text to include
in any rejection notice" box, for instance, a more polite and more specific
version of "This is a read-only mail list. If you have questions, send them
to info at blah-domain.com"

Robert