[Mailman-Users] Hotmail Accounts Getting Filtered in RTF

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon Aug 9 13:40:31 CEST 2004

At 6:44 AM -0400 2004-08-09, Mark Pallo wrote:

>  I had the person send me an email and viewed the mime headers.  It
>  showed:

	That's part of the external MIME header for the message itself.
What about the content-transfer-encoding, content-type, and charset?

>  I added this entry in the "Remove message attachments that don't have a
>  matching content type."  The message did not bounce, but the body of the
>  message was stripped and all that came through was the list footer.

	That could be because lynx doesn't understand the Hotmail RTF
format, and effectively ended up stripping the message body.

>  Initially when I setup the list I had the "Should Mailman convert
>  text/html parts to plain text? option checked as NO.  I believe this was
>  the default when I created the list via my hosting provider.  This was
>  causing the list footer to come across as an attachment (Something like
>  "ATT000001.TXT) eveytime a message was posted, so I activatd this to
>  YES.

	See also
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

>  I'd like to think folks who are using Hotmail's Rich Text editor will be
>  able to participate on my list.  Any help would be great as I have
>  included my config below regarding my Filtering options.  These Hotmail
>  people are the only problems.  HTML or RTF emails sent to the list using
>  Netscape or Outlook are properly converted to plain text and distributed
>  to the list without any issues.

	This is clearly a Hotmail specific issue.  It may be a problem
between Hotmail and lynx, in which case we may not be able to do
anything to help you.

	But more evidence is required.  Try forwarding the complete set
of headers of their test message they sent to you, with all headers
intact.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755