[Mailman-Users] Hotmail Accounts Getting Filtered in RTF

Mark Pallo mpallo at rhinopit.com
Mon Aug 9 12:44:36 CEST 2004

I had the person send me an email and viewed the mime headers.  It
showed:

I added this entry in the "Remove message attachments that don't have a
matching content type."  The message did not bounce, but the body of the
message was stripped and all that came through was the list footer.

Initially when I setup the list I had the "Should Mailman convert
text/html parts to plain text? option checked as NO.  I believe this was
the default when I created the list via my hosting provider.  This was
causing the list footer to come across as an attachment (Something like
"ATT000001.TXT) eveytime a message was posted, so I activatd this to
YES.

Any ideas?  Am I putting the text/html MIME type in the wrong config
area?

I'd like to think folks who are using Hotmail's Rich Text editor will be
able to participate on my list.  Any help would be great as I have
included my config below regarding my Filtering options.  These Hotmail
people are the only problems.  HTML or RTF emails sent to the list using
Netscape or Outlook are properly converted to plain text and distributed
to the list without any issues.

Thank you.

------------------------------------

Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the
settings below?
(Edit filter_content)

YES

------------------------------------
Remove message attachments that have a matching content type.
(Details for filter_mime_types)

NO ENTRIES

------------------------------------
Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type.
Leave this field blank to skip this filter test.
(Details for pass_mime_types)

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion
happens after MIME attachments have been stripped.
(Edit convert_html_to_plaintext)

YES

Action to take when a message matches the content filtering rules.
(Details for filter_action)

Forward to Listowner