[Mailman-Users] Question about public HTML pages...

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Fri Aug 6 18:04:03 CEST 2004

Eric Schmitz said the following on 8/6/2004 8:30 AM:

>  Glenn,
>
>  It sounds like the "submit" input in your PayPal form is actually
>  invoking the subscription form processing script. Make sure your
>  PayPal form is not ending up _inside_ the Mailman subscription form
>  tags when the subscription page is rendered. If it is, you may need
>  to edit the subscription form page template to make sure those forms
>  do not overlap.

It looks (upon examining the page source) that the form starts way early:

<PRE>
<TD COLSPAN="1" WIDTH="100%" BGCOLOR="#FFF0D0">
              <FORM Method=POST
ACTION="https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/listinfo/listname"> English (USA)
              </FORM>

    <FORM Method=POST
ACTION="https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/subscribe/listname">

            </TD>
      </TR>
        <P></P>
          visit the <a
href="https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/private/listname/">listname
          Archives</a>.
          (<i>The current archive is only available to the list
                members.</i>)
</PRE>

I was finally able to put the code in down below the "members login"
area. It's not as "visible" as the list owner would like it, but it's
something.

Is there a reason why the subscribe form starts so early? I'm running
2.1.2--if this changes in 2.1.5, that might be worth my upgrading,
otherwise so far I'm pretty happy :)
(unless, of course 2.1.5 adds anything particularly new and cool?)

Thanks!
Glenn