[Mailman-Users] Sender not receiving copy of post

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 3 01:11:11 CEST 2004

Thomas E. Dukes wrote:

>This is a re-post from yesterday.  I think it was bounced.

It reached the list.

>I just setup Mailman with a test list.  I have subscribed myself using
>several email addresses.  When I post a message, I do not get a copy of the
>post but the other email addresses do.
>
>I checked the preferences and it is set to receive a copy of the post.  Is
>there something in the Admin area that needs to be set as well?

Two options are involved in your receiving your own post from the list.

The "Receive your own posts to the list?" option (aka not metoo on the
membership list) controls whether you ever receive copies of your
posts from the list. "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" (aka
nodupes) controls whether you receive copies of posts to the list in
which you are also and addressee. I.e. if nodupes is set and you Cc:
yourself in the post, you won't receive it from the list. Could this
be the reason?