[Mailman-Users] setgroups in mailmanctl

Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Aug 2 20:58:43 CEST 2004

I have two versions of mailman (2.0.13 and 2.1.5) with a technique to
move and repoint some lists from the older to the newer. The newer has
httpd running as user/group nobody and mm built --with-mail-gid=other.
The webpage is accessible and sending mail to the lists works
fine as well. check_perms checks out, partition with MM has SUID enabled.

When running "$MAILMAN/bin/mailmanctl start", I see in the MM logfile
      Warning: unable to setgroups([14999, 14999])

(14999:14999 is user/group mailman)
Can I safely ignore this message seeing how all functionality
indeed works? (Is this a known bug? I see talk of the same type
of prob within the archives but most appear to be where mail will
not be sent out)

TIA

 David Stern                                    University of Maryland
           Institute for Advanced Computer Studies