[Mailman-Users] Posts To List Not Working: But Admin Emails Do

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 10:43:00 CEST 2004

On 27 Apr 2004, at 07:50, Karl R. Balsmeier wrote:

> Creation and subscription to lists works great, email is making it from
> the mailman host to the mail server, but when I post to a list, (i have
> test users who have joined the list, etc.), nothing comes through?

Have you started $prefix/bin/mailmanctl (MM version 2.1.x) or installed
the MM crontab (MM version 2.0.x)?

> Where are the mailman logs?  I'll check em out'...

$prefix/logs/ is a good place to look; and also check the MTA's mail
log to check it is delivering to MM successfully

Are messages accumulating in any of the subdirectories of
$prefix/qfiles/ ?

Take a look a some of the MM FAQ entries (see the link in the std
footer of mail from the mailman-users list)