[Mailman-Users] Problems with install - check_perms

David Jarrell - Hotmail speckledpig at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 4 10:16:07 CEST 2004

Hi all, I hope that this is the correct list for this question. I wish to
create a few mailing lists for the website I run. The site is for the Boy
Scout troop with which I volunteer. Group for adults, parents, and the
scouts would be great.

Anyway, I have a FreeBSD 4.9 box at home registered to a domain. The site
works fine; I can send mail all day long with my squirrelmail gateway, but
I'm still having some problems with receiving mail. However, I just made a
MX record change to reflect the new hostname of the machine, so I hope that
will resolve shortly.

So I installed mailman from the FreeBSD ports collection and then read the
FreeBSD post-install document (along with the other docs). One of the
actions I'm having trouble with is the execution of the check_perms file.
Here is the output I get when I run the file:

Usage: %(PROGRAM)s [-f] [-v] [-h]

With no arguments, just check and report all the files that have bogus
permissions or group ownership.  With -f (and run as root), fix all the
permission problems found.  With -v be verbose.

: error 63
import: not found
import: not found
import: not found
import: not found
import: not found
import: not found
from: can't read /var/mail/stat
try:: not found
import: not found
except: not found
print: not found
raise: not found
from: can't read /var/mail/Mailman
from: can't read /var/mail/Mailman.mm_cfg
from: can't read /var/mail/Mailman.i18n
bin/check_perms: 51: Syntax error: "(" unexpected