[Mailman-Users] moderator not allowed to post?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 23:44:58 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 15:52, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:
> And I setup my email address as moderator for that list.
>
> However, I still get messages rejected, I assume because I
> did not clear the mod bit in the Membership Management
> section.
>
> Shouldn't the fact that my email address is listed as
> moderator, override the mod bit for posting?

Nope.

Being a moderator just means that you can approve posts that are held
for the list.  It doesn't mean *your* posts won't be held.

This is a good feature, especially if you have savvy (but childish)
users.  Anyone can forge an email header and say their mail is from you,
but only *you* know the password to moderate the list.  So you can stop
those rascals at their evil game!

Jon Carnes