[Mailman-Users] Mailman & CPanel?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Sep 23 01:09:40 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 18:49, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> > Does anybody know anything about this?
>
> I've seen people asking about it on ListOwners. I've kept my head down
> because I didn't know what you'd said/done, but it sort of sounds like
> it's either the cPanel folks trying to blame Mailman for its own
> problems, or an ISP trying to blame cPanel and/or mailman. I know we've
> never explicitly supported cPanel in the mailman projects. it seems
> like cPanel is the crew to bring this up with, not us.

Ah, thanks for the info Chuq.  I think you've got the right take on
things, except that I'd add this: if the cPanel developers have specific
issues with Mailman that are causing them problems, I'd be happy to hear
about them, and if it makes sense, to address them.  I also wouldn't
turn down their money <wink>.

Other than that, you're right, we really don't have any relationship
with them, which is different than saying we're actively not supporting
it anymore (not that we did in the first place :).

-Barry