[Mailman-Users] No mail going out to lists members

Frank L. Parks fparks at ezbizpartner.com
Thu Sep 18 23:25:06 CEST 2003

Version of Mailman: 2.1.2
Installed from source
Version of OS: SuSE 8.0
MTA: Sendmail

I have used
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp as
guide in trying to track down my problem, but it seems to be a mystery.

0. Ran check_perms - no problem
1. Checked out grep for cron and mailmanctl no problem
2. Check aliases as written in faq - problem wrapper came back to majordomo.
Substituted mailman for wrapper and all of the aliases appeared and pointed
to the proper place.
3. Checked for Smrsh - no smrsh
4. Interface.  No problem currently running production mail server.
5. qrunner does not appear to be a problem.  Checked the qrunner log and
there are commands in it for ArchRunner, CommandRunner, BounceRunner,
IncomingRunner, VirginRunner, NewsRunner, and OutgoingRunner
6. Locks - Checked out and running process matched
7. Logs - The mail log looks good.  It shows the incoming from me and to the
list.
   Started checking Mailman logs:
   error - empty
   smtp-failure - doesn't exist
   smtp - I don't believe looks right.  There are messages when I set up the
list,                   but none from when I sent in the test message
   vette - doesn't exist
   config - doesn't exist
   post - doesn't exist
   qrunner - as I stated earlier, no visible problems.  No locking problems,
etc.
8. Qfiles - all directories are empty

What other information do I need to provide?  I'm able to add users, modify
the different list configuration files, etc. through the web interface.  I
can even upload batch mass subscriptions and get the responses back.

The one primary thing that I've noticed is that it returns the email to the
list back to me without the [xxxxx-list] on the front.  No error message -
nothing.

Hopefully, someone can help find the forest for the trees.

Thanks,

Frank