[Mailman-Users] run Mailman with FTP/HTTP access only?

Jeff D webmaster at mcvfifesanddrums.org
Mon Sep 15 22:46:29 CEST 2003

Peter Hessler said:
> Yes.  I installed Mailman via ssh.  No telenet was involved.
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 09:24:13PM +0200, Kai Vermehr wrote:
> :Yes ... but is it <possible> to install Mailman not having to use
> telnet?

That is still a command line "shell" interface, which is what Kai really
meant (or should have anyway).

In my view, it really is next to impossible to install Mailman (as
distributed ) without command line access and "root" privs. There are some
hosting companies that give Mailman access via CPANEL and such though,
where they set it up for you.

Jeff D