[Mailman-Users] Re: How do I Change Formatting??

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Mon Sep 15 19:05:40 CEST 2003

Krapmeister wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how to change the text formatting of my information
>page for my mailman list?
>
>Whenever I change fonts simply by using <font> commands or using style
>sheets and <div> commands the subscribe command doesn't work..
>
>Is it possible to change teh formatting?? If so how??

      CSS do not work on Mailman pages, although I think someone has a
patch that will allow it.  Check the archives.  I have made limited used
font statements without a problem, but not on the information page.  The
tags on that page insert text and forms, and putting them within a font
statement may crash them, I don't know.  Or maybe it will work as long as
you nest them correctly.  But even if it does not crash the form, it may
well not affect the text that is generated by the tags.  I suppose you
could hack the code to change the tags, but that's getting pretty deep.

<>< Paul