[Mailman-Users] Re: external archivers and replies

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Mon Sep 15 18:50:44 CEST 2003

Terry Cowan wrote:
>Does anyone in this group use external archivers and/or can you suggest an
>external archiver to use?

      I've  been happy with the Pipermail archives that come bundled with
Mailman.  Others use MHonArc - see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.004.htp>

>Also, I notice that, unlike most emails lists -- if you hit reply on this
>list, the message is directed to the sender instead of the group.

      I have wondered why this is the default, it seems to me that to the
list would be the most commonly desired action.

>Is this
>easily changed so that replies go to the list instead of the sender?

      Yes, from the General Options Admin page.  Find "Where are replies to
list messages directed?" and set it for "This list".

<>< Paul