[Mailman-Users] mail to list owner discarded

Timo Proescholdt proescho at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Sep 10 02:14:33 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 01:58:21PM +0200, Timo Proescholdt wrote:
> hi,
>
> i successfully set up mailman and created a test list.
> Playing arround with approval of list joining requests, i noticed that the
> immediate approval request mails to the list owner,moderator get discarded.
>
> immediate_notification ist set to true.
>
> I can see the logfile entry saying the the mail is discarded in vette, but no
> reason.
>
> I can reproduce the by sending a mail directly to list-owner, or by running the
> nightly "pending requet reminder" cron job.

hi,

after all i found out that the problem was the interaction between postfix and
the postifx-to-mailman.py script i used.
When postifx is configured to use qmail style user-mailbox adressing, only
the "real" user part is passed to the script.

the following line (in master.cf ) helps

rgv=/var/lib/mailman/postfix-to-mailman.py ${nexthop} ${mailbox}

hope it helps someone

greetings
timo