[Mailman-Users] Relaying denied

BERTHOLD Jean Jean.BERTHOLD at eosholding.ch
Tue Sep 2 12:24:29 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a problem to send email from an Microsoft Exchange Server to a Mailman server.

1. Several users are subscribed to an Exchange mailing list. then, they can send messages on the Exchange list
2. My mailman list is a subscriber to the Exchange mailing list, then a copy of each message is sent to the mailman list (for storage...)
3. It is not possible to do that... I receive the following message from the Exchange server :
Impossible de contacter le(s) destinataire(s) suivant(s) :
fbms le 29.08.2003 16:55
Vous n'êtes pas autorisé à envoyer de message à ce destinataire. Pour obtenir une assistance, contactez votre administrateur système.
<EXCHANGELSN.sila.local #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied">fbms at vanuatu.sila.local <mailto:fbms at vanuatu.sila.local> >... Relaying denied

Traduction: cannot contact ... fbms. you are not allowed to send message at fbms... Relaying denied.

We migrate our Mail server 1 month ago, from Unix platform to Intel/Microsoft/Exchange platform.
Before our migration, it was possible to send a message from our Unix mail server To our mailman server, without additionnal configuration ...

Did you have an idea about this problem ?

In advance, thanks for your help and have a nice day !

_______________________________________

Jean Berthold
EOS - energie ouest suisse
Chemin de Mornex 10 , CP 570
CH-1001 Lausanne , Switzerland
Tel. : +41 (0)21 341 24 58
Fax : +41 (0)21 341 20 49
E-Mail : jean.berthold at eos-gd.ch

UNIX is user friendly.
It's just selective about who its friends are.