[Mailman-Users] bulk adding with passwords

Daniel J McDonald djmcdona at io.com
Tue Sep 2 01:59:35 CEST 2003

I have a website, written in php, that I require users to register for.
Usernames and passwords are kept in mysql.
If I want an anounce list associated with the website, run using
Mailman, can I set the passwords for mailman to be the same as for the
website?
I've read through the add_member code, and the sync_member code, and it
looks like they require a random password.  It would be much more
convenient for me if I could generate a report from mysql and dump it
into Mailman, and get everything to sync up, including passwords...

Any thoughts?  I'm not a python programmer - I know how to write perl,
php, and shell, and the thought of adding yet another language is a tad
daunting.
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495
Austin Network Design