[Mailman-Users] Broken links in administrative interface

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 06:47:31 CET 2003

On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 05:16  am, Jonathan Bentley wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I've successfully installed mailman on our server and have created a
> test list
> or two.  While I can access the list through the web interface, all
> the links in
> the main menu have the wrong url, so I cannot modify any of the list
> settings.
>
>   For us, mailman is accessed through a url resembling:
>
>   http://www.aaa.bbb.gov.au/cgi-bin/mailman
>
>   However, for some unknown reason the links on the mailman admin page
> point to:
>
>   http://www.aaa.gov.au/cgi-bin/mailman, which happens to be another
> of our web
> servers.
>
>   I have grepped all the files in the mailman tree to find any
> references to
> "www.aaa.gov.au" and none were found.  I am mystified.  Where can this
> URL be
> coming from?
>
>   For reference, the mm_cfg.py file has had the following added to it:
>
> ---
> # Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.aaa.bbb.gov.au'

Remove the DEFAULT_HOST_NAME assignment. The default value of None in
Defaults.py is correct for a new installation.

> DEFAULT_HOST_NAME= 'www.aaa.bbb.gov.au'
>
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'ccc.aaa.gov.au'

add this line at this point in you mm_cfg.py

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

> add_virtualhost('www.aaa.bbb.gov.au', 'ccc.aaa.gov.au')
>

>   I've waded through a mountain of mailman posts/documentation/FAQs
> and cannot
> find a solution to this problem, let alone anyone with a similar
> problem.
>
>   Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The following FAQ entry may be os use:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp

but see the comments under heading "Existing versus new lists" and the
use of fix_url.py