[Mailman-Users] Broken links in administrative interface

Jonathan Bentley jbentley at erin.gov.au
Thu Oct 30 06:16:07 CET 2003

Hi,

  I've successfully installed mailman on our server and have created a test list
or two.  While I can access the list through the web interface, all the links in
the main menu have the wrong url, so I cannot modify any of the list settings.

  For us, mailman is accessed through a url resembling:

  http://www.aaa.bbb.gov.au/cgi-bin/mailman

  However, for some unknown reason the links on the mailman admin page point to:

  http://www.aaa.gov.au/cgi-bin/mailman, which happens to be another of our web
servers.

  I have grepped all the files in the mailman tree to find any references to
"www.aaa.gov.au" and none were found.  I am mystified.  Where can this URL be
coming from?

  For reference, the mm_cfg.py file has had the following added to it:

---
# Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.aaa.bbb.gov.au'
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME= 'www.aaa.bbb.gov.au'

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'ccc.aaa.gov.au'

add_virtualhost('www.aaa.bbb.gov.au', 'ccc.aaa.gov.au')

  I've waded through a mountain of mailman posts/documentation/FAQs and cannot
find a solution to this problem, let alone anyone with a similar problem.

  Cheers,

Jon.