[Mailman-Users] Mailman locks directory

Steven J. Owens puffmail at darksleep.com
Wed Oct 29 09:19:34 CET 2003

Jon,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 03:27:13AM -0500, Jon Carnes wrote:
> >      How dangerous is it to muck with the locks directory of a mailman
> > install?
> >      I'm trying to figure out why my mailman installation doesn't send
> > messages through.  [...]
> >      I'm wondering if there might be a way to kick-start mailman
> > again, maybe by removing the lock files.  But would this be dangerous?
> > I'm not worried about the messages that haven't gone out, at this
> > point, just about getting things moving again.
>
> You should definitely look at FAQ 3.14.
>
> Also, you *really* need to tell us what version of Mailman you are using
> and what OS (and anything interesting about your system: like it's
> running in a chroot session on a vax cluster inside a vmware install of
> win2k running cygwin with python version 1.2 - oh yeah, baby! and for
> some reason, Mailman won't install...)

     Debian woody, mailman 2.0.3.

     I ended up apt-get installing mailman 2.1.3, which also meant I
had to do the following:

# newlist mailman
...paste the mailman aliases into /etc/aliases...
# newaliases
# config_list -i /var/lib/mailman/data/sitelist.cfg mailman
# /etc/init.d/mailman restart

     This seemed to work, the pending messages went through and all
messages have gone through quickly since then.  I'm not sure if I
missed anything having to do with sitelist.

--
Steven J. Owens
puff at darksleep.com

 Take it all with a grain of salt." - Me at http://darksleep.com