[Mailman-Users] exim, python2, cpu usage?

Brian Anderson banderson at us.ncipher.com
Mon Oct 20 18:28:00 CEST 2003

Hello,

I've read through some of the list archives, and done a fair bit of
googling, but am having no luck.

I'm running Mailman 2.1.1 with Exim 3.36 on a dual processor
maching running FreeBSD 4.8.

I'm frequently seeing a python2 process owned by the mailman account using
90+% of one of the CPUs in the machine. Coinciding with this, the mail
delivery gets pretty slow... taking 15 - 20 minutes to send a mail to a
list with 50 local users (their accounts are on the same machine as the
list).

I've seen a few similar posts involving Sendmail, and others involving MX
records not resolving. What other places should I be looking at? Would
updating Mailman to 2.1.3 potentially fix this?

Thanks for any pointers,
Brian