[Mailman-Users] How to configure multiple mailmen for virtual service?

Brett Delmage Brett at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Oct 14 18:32:27 CEST 2003

I want to install 3 mailman configs, each to serve a different cirtual
domain on my host. I know this has been done but my search of the archives
didn't turn up any specifics.

i have been running a single instance of mailman for a few years.

Could someone who has done this please confirm that what I need to do is
build and install 3 instances of mailman, from their own
source directories? Or from a single source dir, configing and installing
3 times?

Please confirm first step is to run ./configure (then make), with the
following set to unique paths set as configure options?

--datadir=<domain specific path>
--sharedstatedir=<domain specific path>
--localstatedir=<domain specific path>
--with-var-prefix=<domain specific path>
--with-mailhost=<domain specific>
--with-url-host=<domain specific>

Is this the complete set or does it include redundant shareable
components?

Any suggestions for the directory hierarchy?

Not sure what the issues are regarding the different cron jobs or runtime
invocations when three are created.

I haven't really worked this through yet (obviously), and was hoping
someone has steps down pat (and knows the caveats!)

I am running postfix MTA.

Many thanks for your experience,

  Brett