[Mailman-Users] MM 2.1.3 version Mailman-htdig integration patches available

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 22:19:57 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 02:13  pm, Jon Carnes wrote:

> Richard, I love your patches and install them regularly for each
> version
> of Mailman.  In fact, I wait for your patches to come out before
> upgrading!
>
> <Where should I send the beer?>

Thanks for the kind words and thought.

> It is really a shame that they are not included in the original Source
> Code. I think in our last straw poll of the users, the consensus of the
> group was overwhelmingly in favor of rolling your code into the Source.
>
> We may simply need to provide an alternate download location that has
> your code already patched into the source - and an rpm made from that
> source.  I believe some folks have already done this on a piece-meal
> basis.

As a first step I have done what you suggested and built some patched
MM source distributions. They are posted on my own web site at
http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mailman/prepack.html

If you were interested in cooking an RPM version to post there too ...

Originally, the only reason I set up my www.openinfo.co.uk site with
Mailman patches on it was because of problems a release or two back,
when uploading the revised #444884 patch to sourceforge broke some
configured in memory limit on their PHP page rendering code.

The problem recurred on 1st October when I uploaded the revised #444884
patch for MM 2.1.3 and I am still waiting for something other than a
canned response from the support folks at sourceforge. See:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/
?func=detail&aid=815621&group_id=1&atid=200001