[Mailman-Users] mailman installation confusion

Eric Evans eje4 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 10 19:52:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

I hope that someone out there will be able to offer me some guidance.  I'm
trying to install mailman on a Solaris machine, with apache, and I'm
tremendously confused.  To begin with, what would you recommend as
appropriate values to use for the configuration options --with-mail-gid and
--with-cgi-gid?  I have tried every conceivable combination of group ids
with these options and so far nothing I've tried works.  I keep getting the
"Internal Server Error" screen when I try to start up the administrator
webpage for my list.  What do most mailman administrators use for these
options?

Thanks,
Eric