[Mailman-Users] sendmail

Kumar Prashant (Zero Touch) (UK) Prashant.Kumar at O2.COM
Fri Oct 10 12:01:09 CEST 2003

Hi People,

I have a question which has been asked again and again. I've gone
through almost all of the mailing lists and faqs but couldn't get it
working my way.

I want mail-2 to be a backup server for my mail-1. So I added priority
MX records. The sendmail FAQ says that's all you have to do ( and of
course allow relay). mail-2 should queue up all the messages when mail-1
is down. It does NOT work and I get the infamous "mail loops back to me".

Now I add mailertable entry and everything starts working i.e mail-2
queues for mail-1 when mail-1 is down. The thing is this mailertable
makes my design pretty complicated and I don't want to use this feature.
How can I get sendmail to queue without it?

Please anyone ..

Cheers
Prash

This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately. Please note that as of June 1st we will no longer be accepting email for any btcellnet.net, btcellnet.co.uk or cellnet.co.uk addresses.  From this date all mail should be addressed to O2.com