[Mailman-Users] Re: Site list missing??

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Tue Oct 7 20:36:16 CEST 2003

At 12:56 PM 10/7/2003, Paul Byerly wrote:

>the site list is required for Mailman to start - if it's missing or "lost"
>you must create or find it.  The list is in <prefix>/mailman/lists and is
>called mailman.  If you don't have that, you need to create it.  If it's
>there, then some alias or pointer is wrong.

On my server,  /var/mailman/lists/mailman is a directory for the list MM
2.1.3 wanted created when we installed, and which is called
"mailman."  Inside that directory is:

-rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman      4026 Oct  7 12:00 config.pck
-rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman      4026 Oct  7 12:00 config.pck.last
-rw-rw-r--    1 apache   mailman        29 Oct  6 16:15 request.db

Is that what you're saying needs to be recreated if it's not there,
Paul?  And if it's missing, wouldn't ./newlist be all that one needs to do
to create it?

Or are you saying there's another file somewhere else that is the "site list"?

Allan