[Mailman-Users] Minor doc suggestion. Location of smrsh directory

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Oct 2 04:33:19 CEST 2003

This is just a minor suggestion of an improvement that could be made
to README.SENDMAIL in the documentation.

Recent versions of sendmail tend to have a default of

  /usr/adm/sm.bin

instead of

 /etc/smrsh

as the location where smrsh wants pipable executables.

I don't blame the current documentation for my hours of frustration.
That was a combination of having installed sendmail from source, where
RPMs are typically expected and somehow ending up reading the wrong smrsh
man page.

Still, as sendmail is moving to /usr/adm/sm.bin as the place where the
mailman wrapper should go, a note of that in README.SENDMAIL would help.

Another note is that the INSTALL document orders the editing of mm_cfg.py
AFTER creating the mailman list.  That will create the list with some bad
information if Default.py is not exactly what you need.

Other than that, my mailmain 2.1.3 installation went great.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/